The Deluxe Dog Palace is a rotationally molded plastic house. It is made from material that can be commonly found in outdoor playground products. All panels are filled with recycled ESP foam. ESP foam (expanded polystyrene) can be commonly found in drinking cups. It is also used as an insulation material in construction. To demonstrate the real value of insulation, we conducted an experiment on the Dog Palace with and without insulation. (Note: This product is only sold with insulation and door.) The results of the experiment reflect the heat retention inside the Dog Palace using a common 100-watt light bulb (no other source of heat). At an outside temperature of 40°F, the insulated Dog Palace will be 70°F inside, while the Dog Palace without insulation will be approximately 45°F inside. At an outside temperature of 0°F, the insulated Dog Palace will be 30°F inside while the Dog Palace without insulation will be approximately 4°F inside. An average dog’s body heat will raise the temperature inside the Dog Palace 25°F in the winter without the floor heater, therefore if the outside temperature is 25°F, with an average dog inside the Dog Palace the temperature is approximately 50°F degrees.
- 2″-4″ of real foam (Styro/EPS) insulation in each panel
- Easy pass-through, self-closing, well-fitted insulated door
- Sized for medium to large dogs (Lab/St. Bernard) ; See-through window in front door lets pets see out while they rest in comfort
- Includes: 18″x 18″ electrical floor heater and fleece pet bed
- Quick and easy to assemble ; Makes a beautiful addition to your backyard while keeping your dog clean, warm and comfortable